How can I fix video playback issues?
Are you experiencing any of the following while watching Disney+?
Poor video quality
We recommend following the steps in the order listed below. In between steps, try watching Disney+ again to check if the issue is resolved. If you don’t notice an improvement, move on to the next step. Select each step below for specific instructions on your device.
- Fully close the Disney+ app. Start by fully exiting Disney+ (and all other apps or programs running in the background), then try opening Disney+ again.
- Perform a power cycle. Turn off your device (and the modem and router, if applicable). Wait a few minutes, then power back up.
- Check your connection. Run a speed test on your device and compare your results with our recommendations.
- Improve your connection. If the speeds fall short of our recommendations, there are steps you can take to help improve your connection.
- Test other apps or programs on your device. If you notice similar issues, it may be due to poor connectivity. Contact your Internet service provider for more information on how to improve your connection.
- Check for app and system updates. To check for Disney+ updates, visit your device’s app store. To check for system updates, visit your device’s settings menu.
- Clear cache and data. You can clear cache/data via your device’s settings menu. This step removes temporary files to help free up needed space.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Disney+. On select devices, you can uninstall and reinstall the Disney+ app to help alleviate any streaming issues.
If you tried these steps and you are still having playback issues, please reach out to Customer Service on one of the contact channels below.