Can I use Chromecast to watch Disney+?
Disney+ supports Chromecast casting from:
- Google Chromecast devices (Disney+ recommends the latest generation of Chromecast devices for highest quality playback)
- Devices running Google Android
- The Google Chrome web browser streaming from disneyplus.com
- TVs with Chromecast built in (firmware 1.36 or higher). To check the firmware on your Chromecast-supported device, open the Google Home app and find the device. Tap Settings and scroll to the bottom and look for Cast firmware version.
Please note that the Chromecast firmware version may be reported separately from the TV firmware version.
- Devices running Apple iOS and using the Google Home app
For the best experience, we recommend a high-speed Internet connection. To enjoy the highest quality Disney+ experience, all components, including HDMI cables, should support high bandwidth digital content. External displays should support HDCP 2.2 for 4K Ultra HD and HDR content. Older audio and video components can have an impact on quality or may not work at all.