How can I fix video playback issues?
If you’re having issues with video playback, we want to help. This article page describes a few troubleshooting methods that can help if you’re experiencing any of the following while streaming Disney+:
- Connection errors
- Freezing videos
- Poor video quality
Here are eight things you can do to clear up your picture.
- Restart your Disney+ app
- Fully exit Disney+ (and all other apps or programs running in the background on your streaming device). Next, try opening Disney+ again.
- Power-off your device
- Turn off your device (and the modem and router, if applicable). Next, restart the device and re-open your Disney+ app.
- Check your Internet connection
- Test other apps on your device
- If you notice similar issues with other apps, it may be due to poor connectivity. Contact your Internet Service Provider for more information on how to improve your connection.
- Update your device operating system
- Make sure you have the latest operating system for your device or platform. To check for updates, visit the Settings page on your device.
- Clear the cached data on your device
- You can clear cached data via your device's settings menu. This step removes temporary files to help free up processing capacity.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Disney+
- Check all components:
- To enjoy the highest-quality Disney+ experience, all components should support high-bandwidth digital content, including HDMI cables. External displays should support HDCP 2.2 for 4K Ultra HD and HDR content.
Note: Older audio and video components can have an impact on quality and possibly prevent playback entirely.
Need more help? If you’ve tried these steps and are still having playback issues, please contact Disney+ Customer Service. You can reach us 24/7 via chat, phone, or social media.